1. Allow yourself a little extra sleep, whether it’s by going to bed a half-hour earlier or by sleeping in an extra fifteen minutes and then skipping your usual morning coffee stop.
2. Take a day off from exercising if you usually run, go to the gym, or participate in some type of aerobic class.
3. Skip the stairs and take the elevator or escalator—sometimes it’s perfectly OK to choose the path of least resistance!
4. Replace strenuous exercise with something less intense, like restorative yoga.
5. Relax in a sauna or steam room to relax your muscles and sweat out chemicals that build up in your body.
6. Utilize a detoxifying colonic irrigation cleanse to clear out toxins and give your digestive organs a break.
7. Take a break from alcohol, processed food, and sugar if a cleanse feels too extreme.
8. Get a massage or trade massages with someone you love. Massages are not only relaxing; they’ve also been proven to minimize anxiety, boost the immune system, and reduce depression and anxiety.
9. Take a long, hot bath to take weight off your weary muscles and joints.
10. Be mindful of your posture at your desk at work and take breaks to walk around and stretch. This one is smart on any day—hunching over our computers can cause major back and neck pain!